Reimbursement & Payment Request
Purchase Order Request
Out of Budget Request (OOB)
School’s Safe & Emergency Fund
HOUSING FOR FOREIGN HIRE TEACHERS
PROCEDURES FOR ALL FOREIGN STAFF MEMBERS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO A HOUSING ALLOWANCE (August 2017)
Following the latest update from Tax Authority, all housing allowance for foreign hired can be exempted from “personal income tax” if:
1. Housing lease is signed between individual and landlord (personal lease);
2. Fapiao is issued to individual name (same as passport); and
3. Proof of bank transfer showing rental payment from individual to landlord.
As such, to claim for your monthly housing reimbursement, Finance Office needs the following documents:
1. Fapiao issued to individual name (same as passport); and
2. Proof of bank transfer (bank slip or statement) showing rental payment from individual to landlord.
This reimbursement will be processed together with month end payroll. Please ensure your monthly fapiao and bank transfer slip are submitted to Finance Office (Fiona) before the 25th of each month. Your housing reimbursement will be paid together with monthly paycheck no later than the 5th of each following month.
DETAILS FOR THE SHORT TERM PERSONAL LOAN FOR THE INITIAL HOUSING PAYMENT
The following four points constitute the major elements of the Agreement that formalises the Short Term (ST) Personal Loan.
1. This is to confirm that I, (insert name), have applied for a short term personal loan from my current employer, Origins Education, for the purpose of making an advance payment of housing deposits and first month rental which are the necessary steps in signing a personal housing lease.
2. I have agreed to a standard repayment scheme where 6 equal installments will be deducted directly from my payroll in the following six months immediately after the loan is disbursed;
3. I have also agreed that the maximum loan amount will not exceed my monthly current salary.
4. I have requested for my employer, Origins Education, to assist me in making the payment of deposits directly to my landlord once the housing lease is signed and upon approval of my loan application.